AECOM is seeking a Maintenance Coordinator to join our IOL Kearl project team in Fort Mackay, Alberta. This is a Temporary position on 4 months contract with a requirement to support and work out of our IOL Kearl project work site in Fort McKay. This role will start as a Home Office position based in Alberta on a 5 day on and 2 days off work schedule (subject to change).
This position will provide technical support to the IOL Kearl project team. The Maintenance Coordinator is responsible to develop a thorough understanding of the construction and/or maintenance services schedule and scope in order to facilitate the coordination with client, client engineers, subcontractors, change management, workforce planning, scheduling, material deliveries and construction/maintenance services activities. The coordinator will work on specific deliverables in coordination with the concerned function if required to support the functional deliverables e.g. review of construction bid documents and technical drawings to identify engineering specifications, evaluate and estimate materials, manpower, schedule and budget.
May include the following responsibilities:
• Provide management and administrative support for the efficient and productive coordination of resource requirements and resource forecasting
• Able to identify and assist in the analysis of resource variances. Identifies and analyzes schedule variances and recommends associated corrective action.
• Assist execution leaders with resource changes including terminations, hiring, new client requests and shift changes
• Coordinate with travel, time entry and other functions on resource changes.
• Provide both internal and client reporting on daily forecast changes.
• Updating organization charts
• Updates and produces execution management reports.
• Prepare monthly cost reporting and ad-hoc reporting as required
• Assists in procedure development and implementation.
• Establish a strong relationship with all other Client and AECOM personnel including Execution Managers, Superintendents, Clients and others as relevant.
• Act on any non-conformance that appears in the project and implement corrective action, learn from errors and put in place actions to avoid reoccurrence
• Supports the development of plans and schedules for proposals.
Conditions of Employment for this position are:
• For positions that fall into the list of required positions within the AECOM Oil & Gas Background Check policy, qualified applicants who are offered, and accept, the role must complete a satisfactory pre-employment Background Check. This may consist of all or a combination of the following: Canadian Criminal Record check, an Employment Verification and/or an Education and Accreditation Verification.
• For positions that fall into the list of required positions within the AECOM Oil & Gas Alcohol & Drug (A&D) policy, qualified applicants who are offered, and accept, a position must provide evidence of a satisfactory Alcohol & Drug test in accordance with the Company’s Alcohol & Drug Policy. In order to be valid, the test must have been conducted at the direction of AECOM – O&G Business Unit.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Project management, Facility Management OR demonstrated equivalent combination of education, training, and experience is required
• Minimum 4 years of relevant work experience
• Strong communication, analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to liaise at all levels with Client and team members
• Team player to deliver desired outcomes
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, SharePoint, Vision and Outlook)
• Experience creating detailed reports and giving presentations
• Interested in pursuing a career in project management.
• Certified trades with exceptional planning, managing and communication skills with over 3 years of construction and/or maintenance services experience is preferred.
• Previous IOL Kearl site or Maintenance services/project experience is preferred.
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighbourhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Job Category Program and Project Management
Business Line Construction Services
Business Group Construction Services Group (CS)
Position Status Temporary
Requisition/Vacancy No. 245114BR
Clearance Required No
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran states alternate Locations CA – Edmonton, Alberta, CA – Fort McMurray, Alberta, CA – Red Deer, Alberta